Warning: Parameter 3 to mb_videobot() expected to be a reference, value given in /home/roseemma/public_html/libraries/joomla/event/dispatcher.php on line 136
Registered Charity No. 1135842
On Monday 10th May 2010, BT Buddies become a national charity. Founded by Natalya Jagger and Andrew McGill in March 2009 the organisation has grown rapidly and currently helps around 2,500 people per month through the website, email support service, face to face and online support groups.
The BT Buddies trustees signed a governing document in September 2009 which states the following:
BT Buddies Objectives:
To provide information, support and assistance directly or indirectly to people affected by a primary or secondary brain tumour.
To advance the education of the public, inparticular but not exclusively, patients, their families, carers and medical professionals about all areas relating to primary and secondary brain tumours.
Any other charitable purpose for the benefit of children with brain tumours, childhood cancer and similar conditions as the trustees see fit.
MISSION STATEMENT: TO OFFER INFORMATION, INSPIRATION AND HOPE TO ANYONE AFFECTED BY A HIGH GRADE OR PAEDIATRIC BRAIN TUMOUR IN THE UK.
BT Buddies is doing this by:
- Providing comprehensive information on adult high grade brain tumours.
- Providing comprehensive information on paediatric brain tumours of all grades.
- Promoting awareness and providing information about brain tumours to the general public.
- Providing a ‘Local Area Support’ service via our websites. Anyone visiting our websites will be able to request a list of support services available in their area. We will then research that particular area and put together information on local cancer support centres, counselling services, hospices, social services details and any other appropriate support services available in the area.
- Providing a ‘kit’ for children with a brain tumour to enable them to stay in touch with their classmates whilst they are absent from school. The kit will also include a Teachers Pack with information on many aspects of teaching a child with a brain tumour and supporting their classmates.
- Fundraising to enable us to provide all the services detailed above.
click below To make a donation online and support the work of bt buddies!